GO TO 2040 Update Public Comment
CMAP has initiated an update of the GO TO 2040 comprehensive regional plan, as required by the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act, which calls for regional plans such as this to be revised every four years. The draft update is available for public comment June 13 through August 1, 2014 and includes the following documents:
- GO TO 2040 plan update summary
- Appendix: Major Capital Projects
- Appendix: Financial Plan for Transportation
- Appendix: Socioeconomic Forecast Update Overview
- Appendix: Implementation Action Areas
- Appendix: Indicator Methodology
- Appendix: Transportation Conformity Analysis
- Appendix: Travel Model Documentation
The proposed FFY 2014-19 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is one of the GO TO 2040 plan update's short-term implementation tools. The TIP consists of a list of proposed projects to be accomplished, a document which outlines both the region's programming processes and a short-term fiscal plan for accomplishing the proposed projects.
CMAP held a series of open houses throughout the region during the comment period. Each event featured posters and plan update materials for review, as well as the draft FFY 2014-19 TIP document and list of projects, with comment cards available to leave input and CMAP staff on hand to answer questions. A flyer with meeting details was available (also in Spanish).