Identify, assess and respond to goods movement travel issues and opportunities and provide overall guidance for the development of the regional goods movement component of the Regional Comprehensive Plan. Examples of key issues include safety, congestion relief, air quality, economic development, and community impacts.
- Generally, the Freight Committee meets on the fourth Monday of January (owing to the MLK holiday), then on the third Monday of March, May, September, and November.
- However, the regularly scheduled meeting on May 18, 2015 has been postponed to June 15, 2015.
- All meetings are scheduled to begin at 10:00 am.
- All meetings will be open to public participation.
The Freight Committee is comprised of representatives from freight industry organizations, private railroads, trucking companies, consultants, researchers, planners as well as representatives of local, regional and state governments seeking to improve goods movement in metropolitan Chicago. The current membership includes the following:
- Joe Alonzo, Chicago Department of Transportation
- Benjamin Brockschmidt, Illinois Chamber of Commerce Infrastructure Council
- Mike Burton, C&K Trucking
- David Chandler, Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Kevin Donahue, Illinois Tollway
- Reggie Greenwood, South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association
- Adrian Guerrero, Class I railroad (co-chair)
- Alicia Hanlon, Will County
- Dr. J. Lee Hutchins, Jr., Consultant
- Kazuya Kawamura, UIC-University Transportation Center
- Mike Klemens, Council of Mayors
- Jim LaBelle, UIC-University Transportation Center
- John Loper, DuPage County Division of Transportation
- Dean Mentjes, FHWA
- Floyd Miras, U.S. DOT Maritime Administration
- Libby Ogard, Consultant
- Phil Resendiz, FedEx
- Adam Rod, Chicago Department of Aviation
- DeAnna Smith, IDOT
- Herbert Smith, Class I railroad
- Randy Thomas, Illinois Trucking Association (co-chair)
- Doug Whitley, Supply Chain Innovation Network of Chicago
- John Yonan, Cook County