Economic Development Commmittee
On January 12, 2011 the CMAP Board approved changes to CMAP's committee structure to aid the implementation of GO TO 2040. As a result, the Economic and Community Development committee will now be known as the Economic Development committee. Please update your bookmarks and information as needed.
Committee Mission & Charge
The mission of the CMAP Economic Development Committee is to promote economic & workforce development policies, best practices, and research that foster sustainable growth and regional coordination. Further, the committee will advance the recommendations of GO TO 2040 for economic development through research and recommendations around regional industry clusters, tax policies, workforce development, innovation as well as the broader range of infrastructure, land use, and governance policies that lead to sustainable regional prosperity.
This committee is charged with the following activities in support of economic development for the CMAP region:
- Provide feedback to staff and the coordinating committees on CMAP projects, research, and analyses as they relate to regional economic development issues.
- Provide critical review of CMAP draft reports and their underlying research on proposed regional plans, projects, and policies.
- Serve as a discussion forum for regionally important issues in economic development, innovation, and workforce planning and policy.
- Coordinate and prioritize policy positions, programs, and advocacy between CMAP and other organizations.
- Identify relevant economic development best practices in the CMAP region and encourage their adoption by CMAP partners.
- Convene economic development stakeholders to help formulate and implement policies and plans consistent with best practice and the GO TO 2040 Plan.
|Andrew Moyer||Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity|
|Bret Johnson||Northwestern University Transportation Center|
|Carrie Thomas||Chicago Jobs Council|
|Emily Harris||Harris Strategies|
|Gary Skoog||Golden Corridor|
|Greg Bedalov||Choose DuPage|
|Gretchen Kosarko||RW Ventures|
|Jason Keller||Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago|
|Jerry Weber||College of Lake County|
|JoAnn Eckmann||World Business Chicago|
|JoAnna Greene||Chicago Workforce Investment Council|
|John Grueling||Will County Center for Economic Development|
|Judith Kossy||Policy Planning Partners|
|Kelly O'Brien||Alliance for Regional Development|
|Kurtis Pozsgay||Berwyn Development Corporation|
|Lance Pressl||Institute for Work and the Economy|
|MaryBeth Marshall||DuPage Workforce Board|
|Mark Harris||Illinois Science and Technology Coalition|
|Nick Provenzano||McHenry County & Office of the Hon. Randall Hultgren, Member of Congress|
|Oswaldo Alvarez||Fry Foundation|
|Patrick Carey||Cook County|
|Peter Creticos||Institute for Work and the Economy|
|Rand Haas||Medusa Inc|
|Reggie Greenwood|| South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association |