Economic Development Committee
Committee Mission & Charge
The mission of the CMAP Economic Development Committee is to promote economic & workforce development policies, best practices, and research that foster sustainable growth and regional coordination. Further, the committee will advance the recommendations of GO TO 2040 for economic development through research and recommendations around regional industry clusters, tax policies, workforce development, innovation as well as the broader range of infrastructure, land use, and governance policies that lead to sustainable regional prosperity.
This committee is charged with the following activities in support of economic development for the CMAP region:
- Provide feedback to staff and the coordinating committees on CMAP projects, research, and analyses as they relate to regional economic development issues.
- Provide critical review of CMAP draft reports and their underlying research on proposed regional plans, projects, and policies.
- Serve as a discussion forum for regionally important issues in economic development, innovation, and workforce planning and policy.
- Coordinate and prioritize policy positions, programs, and advocacy between CMAP and other organizations.
- Identify relevant economic development best practices in the CMAP region and encourage their adoption by CMAP partners.
- Convene economic development stakeholders to help formulate and implement policies and plans consistent with best practice and the GO TO 2040 Plan.
Adopted May 8, 2014
|Matthew Bruce||Chicagoland Workforce Funders Alliance|
|John Carpenter||Choose DuPage|
|Peter Creticos||Institute for Work and the Economy|
|Jonathan Furr||Education Systems Center at Northern Illinois University|
|Bryan Gay||Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Development|
|JoAnna Greene||Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership|
|Reggie Greenwood||South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association|
|John Greuling||Will County Center for Economic Development|
|Rand Haas||Medusa Inc|
|Terrance Hall||World Business Chicago|
|Emily Harris||Chicago Community Trust|
|Mark Harris||Illinois Science & Technology Coalition|
|Michael Jasso||Cook County|
|Bret Johnson||Northwestern University Transportation Center|
|Jason Keller, vice chair||Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago|
|Gretchen Kosarko||RW Ventures|
|Judith Kossy||Policy Planning Partners|
|Kevin Kramer||Village of Hoffman Estates|
|Lauren Nolan||University of Illinois at Chicago EDA Center|
|Kelly O'Brien||Alliance for Regional Development|
|Kurtis Pozsgay||Village of Bensonville|
|Lance Pressl||Institute for Work and the Economy|
|John Reinert||McHenry County Board|
|Ayom Siengo||United Way of Metropolitan Chicago|
|Gary Skoog||Golden Corridor|
|Christine Sobek, chair||Waubonsee Community College|
|Carrie Thomas||Chicago Jobs Council|
2017 Meeting Schedule
- Monday, January 23
- Monday, March 27
- Monday, June 26
- Monday, September 25
Additionally, two site visits are scheduled.
- Summer date TBD
- Monday, October 23