Functional Classification Revision Workbork (updated August 2016)
- Who do I submit an application to?
- Municipalities first submit their requests to their local Council of Mayor's Planning Liaison.
- Once approved by the Council of Mayors, the Planning Liaison submits the application to IDOT. The IDOT contact is Pam Heurich (Pam.Heurich@illinois.gov) in the Bureau of Programming, District One.
- Where can I find the most up to date Functional Classification Map?
Use the IDOT web site-http://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/default.htm
- Choose the Map Tab.
- Click on "Map Type" and in the drop down menu, select "Roadway Functional Classification".
- In the search box (upper right) type in your municipality, township or zip code.
- How can I produce the map for my Functional Classification Change submittal?
- Zoom in or out of the IDOT FC map to capture your proposed route.
- Make a screen shot of the appropriate portion of the map and edit it in an editable format.
- Mark the proposed FC change with the color assigned for your desired functional classification by using in the editing tools. See the functional classification guidebook for the appropriate coloring scheme.
- What is my street's FAU, FAS, FAP, etc. number?
FAU, FAS, FAP numbers are no longer used to depict route information, including functional classification or funding eligibility. They also no longer appear on IDOT maps. The key route designation is now used as the road's identifier. The key route designation is the Key Route Type, a hyphen, and the Key Route Number available on IDOT's Getting Around Illinois map.
- Where can I locate the FHWA Functional Classification Manual and CMAP Functional Classification Workbook
- Who can I contact to ask questions about Functional Classification Changes