Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)
With the passage of Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21), Congress created the new Transportation Alternatives program (TAP) to support non-motorized transportation. CMAP uses a competitive process to select projects to fund under this program. The first program of projects was approved by the CMAP Board and MPO Policy Committee at their January 2014 meetings.
The next call for projects is being held in conjuncture with the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ). Application materials are available on the Program Development page starting January 9, 2015. Applications are due by close of business on March 3, 2015.
FY 2015-2016 Call for Projects
- CMAP/TAP Program Development - Application Booklet and Materials
- Criteria for selecting projects for FFY 2015-16 Transportation Alternatives Program
Earlier Documents Related to Program Development
- Projects selected for the FY 2013-14 Transportation Alternatives program
- Criteria for selecting projects for Transportation Alternatives funding
- Background on facility design criteria
- FFY 2013-14 Transportation Alternatives Program Application Booklet