2016 CMAP Municipal Plans, Programs, and Operations Survey
To inform agency work and track the progress of GO TO 2040 implementation, CMAP conducts a biennial survey of municipal governments. CMAP staff use survey results to:
- Help identify the types of technical assistance projects that are provided through the Local Technical Assistance program
- Inform policy analysis of such topics as transportation funding and management.
- Help track the implementation of GO TO 2040 by updating indicators of progress.
- Help inform the development of the ON TO 2050 plan.
Mayors and managers were emailed links to the 2016 survey and mailed hard copies on April 1, 2016. It is recommended that one individual be assigned the role of Survey Shepherd to ensure responses are gathered from relevant staff and successfully submitted, as it is not expected that one person will necessarily know the answers to all questions. An analysis of survey responses will be distributed by CMAP in Winter 2016. As with all previous surveys, staff will not use survey data to create municipal scorecards or rank municipalities.
Additional copies of the survey questionairre are available for download in PDF format.
Survey submission options
- CMAP strongly encourages muncipalities to complete their survey on-line at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016CMAPMuniSurvey
- Municipalities may also return hard copies received via US mail in the provided postage-paid envelope
- Completed hard copies may be scanned and submitted via email to email@example.com