2014 Municipal Plans, Programs, and Operations Survey
To inform agency work and track the progress of GO TO 2040 implementation, CMAP conducts a biennial survey of municipal governments. CMAP staff use survey results to:
- Help identify the types of technical assistance projects that are provided through the Local Technical Assistance program.
- Prioritize the development of new resources through the Local Ordinances and Toolkits program.
- Inform policy analysis of such topics as freight and infrastructure development.
- Help track the implementation of GO TO 2040 by updating indicators of progress.
Mayors and managers received an electronic version of the survey questionnaire on April 1, 2014, and hard copies of the survey should arrive on the same day. CMAP is asking that all responses be submitted by May 16. It is expected that this survey will be much shorter than the 2012 questionnaire. CMAP staff recommends assigning one individual to shepherd the survey through completion, although it is not expected that one person will necessarily know the answers to all questions. The Planning Liaisons for each Council of Mayors will assist with distribution and periodic reminders about the survey. CMAP will distribute an analysis of survey responses in winter 2014. As with all previous surveys, staff will not use the resulting data to create municipal scorecards or rank municipalities.
Survey Submission Options
- CMAP strongly encourages each municipality to submit their completed survey on-line at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/munisurvey2014.
- Municipalities may also download and print a PDF version of the survey and submit it via mail, fax it to 312-454-0411 (ATTN: Muni Survey), or email it to email@example.com.