Posted on June 17, 2010 6:59 AM
Draft GO TO 2040 comprehensive regional plan posted for comment
The draft GO TO 2040 comprehensive regional plan is now available for public comment through August 6, 2010. Based on nearly three years of research, deliberation, and public input, the plan recommends action in four themes: Livable Communities, Regional Mobility, Human Capital, and Efficient Governance. By implementing GO TO 2040, our region will:
- Emphasize support for existing communities.
- Encourage more compact, sustainable development patterns.
- Increase the efficiency and transparency of government through better decision making.
- Reduce congestion by emphasizing modernization (rather than expansion) of the current Transportation system.
- Give residents more options for getting around, including transit, walking, and bicycling.
- Improve parks and preserve open space.
- Reduce consumption of energy and water.
Have your say by commenting or attending one of 10 open houses across the region this summer. The final GO TO 2040 plan will be presented to CMAP's Board and MPO Policy Committee for approval in October, when the plan's implementation phase will begin.