Posted on May 18, 2010 6:28 AM
Illinois Safe Routes to School 2010 funding cycle announced
The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced a new Safe Routes to School (SRTS) application cycle. The 2010 program will expend both FY 2010 SRTS funds and (an estimation of) FY 2011 SRTS funds. The total amount of available funds will be approximately $15 million. The exact amount of FY 2011 funds may be affected by changes in federal guidelines and actual funding levels.
To participate, interested parties are required to submit a current School Travel Plan for approval (either an updated plan based on a previously approved plan or a new plan). In addition, new applications need to be submitted following approval of the School Travel Plan. Access to IDOT’s online School Travel Plan builder is available at all times, so communities may begin or access and edit their plans any time.
The following key dates and deadlines for the 2010 cycle so be noted
- May 31: School Travel Plan online builder and submittal module becomes available.
- October 1: Call for project applications begins. (An approved School Travel Plan is necessary to access the online application module.)
- November 1, 5:00 p.m.: Deadline to submit School Travel Plan for review and comment by IDOT SRTS staff. All School Travel Plans received after this deadline will either be approved or denied, and there will not be an opportunity to resubmit.
- November 12, 5:00 p.m.: Deadline to submit School Travel Plan for 2010 SRTS funding.
- December 15, 5:00 p.m.: Call for project applications closes. No late applications will be accepted.
- January 2011: Application review and scoring begins.
- Mid-Late 2011: Funded Projects announced.
If you have any questions, contact Megan Holt-Swanson at DOT.SafeRoutes@illinois.gov.