Posted on December 04, 2012 10:14 AM
New trip-tracking program
Drivelesslivemore.com is a web-based program, developed by the Regional Transportation Authority and Active Transportation Alliance, designed to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality by shifting local travelers from drive-alone car trips to healthier, active, more sustainable travel modes: transit, cycling, walking, carpool, vanpool, water-taxi and telecommuting.
The website aims to accomplish this goal by encouraging modeshift through prize drawings, competitive Employer Challenges, and direct employer engagement:
- Users sign up and create a profile.
- Users self-report their trips via an interactive Trip Tracking Calendar.
- Transit, cycling, walking, carpool, vanpool, car-sharing, and telecommuting trips are awarded a point score: each one-way trip using at least one of these travel modes receives a score of 0.5 points.
- Points are used to enter drawings for prizes.
- Users can also create and join Employer Challenge teams to compete against other similar workplaces, by category, in several commuter challenges per year. Winning teams in these commuter challenges will be publicly recognized.
- Employers (via an authorized user) can create a customized homepage within drivelesslivemore.com (yourcompanyname.drivelesslivemore.com) through which they can directly encourage employees to change travel habits and measure the results with Workplace Travel Planning. Workplace Travel Planning may help lower costs and increase productivity, through happier and healthier employees.