Posted on April 26, 2010 1:21 AM
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced the launch of a new web-based resource for law enforcement officials. The Safe Routes to School for Law Enforcement website provides tips, tools, and other materials to help law enforcement officers get involved in Safe Routes to School (SRTS).
The website is designed to aid officers and law enforcement agencies in local SRTS efforts and programs. It includes a wide variety of tools, such as:
• Tips on walking and bicycling safety.
• Take home materials for students, parents, school staff, and others.
• Talking points on bicycle and pedestrian safety.
• Tips on addressing parental concerns.
• Links to related sites for resource materials.
• Activities for children.
For more information or questions, contact Paula Bawer (202-366-2692 or Paula.Bawer@dot.gov), the Bicycle and SRTS program manager at NHTSA.