Proposed FY 2010-2015 Transportation Improvment Program (TIP) and Conformity Analysis
The proposed FY 2010-2015 TIP identifies and tracks federally-funded and regionally significant transportation projects over a six year period for the seven county Chicago region. It is a multimodal list of projects that includes highway, rail and bus facility improvements, as well as signal synchronization, intersection improvements, bicycle and pedestrian improvements and other transportation-related activities and contains more than two thousand transportation projects.
The TIP is used to implement the goals, strategies and priorities articulated in the GO TO 2040 plan and includes such fund-initiating projects as CREATE, CTA's Red Line extension (south), Elgin-O'Hare expressway improvements, Metra's Southwest Service, UP West and UP Northwest improvements, I-90, the I-294/I-57 interchange, I-290 multimodal corridor, I-190 access improvements, I-94 add lanes (north) and I-80 add lanes (US 30 to US45).
Accomplishing the projects in the TIP and GO TO 2040 will reduce congestion, increase mobility and help move the region toward attainment of air quality goals. Please be sure to view the draft GO TO 2040 plan and provide comments!
Draft Federal Fiscal Year 2010-2015 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The TIP supports short term implementation of policies and projects in GO TO 2040
To print/view a full copy of the TIP, please open Full Document
Individual Chapters are posted below.
- Chapter 1: The Regional Overview and the relationship to the region's GO TO 2040 planning process
- Chapter 2: TIP Development Process - entities involved and program fund sources
- Chapter 3: Fiscal Plan
- Chapter 4: A summary of responses to federal requirements that the region must meet to ensure federal transportation funds continue to be allocated
- Chapter 5: A summary of how to find and understand specific project information
- Appendix 1 - TIP Change & Project Grouping Procedures (Attachment A)
- Appendix 2 - Non-Federally Funded Regionally Significant Projects
- Appendix 3 - Endorsement Documentation
- Appendix 4 - Locally Programmed STP Agreements
- Appendix 5 - Required Project List
Draft All Project List: To view a list of projects in the proposed FFY 2010-2015 TIP
Map of Draft All Project List: To view a map of projects in the proposed FFY 2010-2015 TIP
For more information on the TIP, please view:
Public Comment - public comment on the GO TO 2040 plan, Draft FFY 2010-2015 TIP and Conformity Analysis will be accepted beginning June 11, 2010 and through August 6, 2010. Comments can be received via e-mail or by mail or phone, please click here for contact infomation. Please plan on attending a public meeting.