Updating the plan
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is excited to share the ON TO 2050 plan update, following more than a year of data collection, analysis, and engaging with partners, stakeholders, and residents. The CMAP Board and MPO Policy Committee approved the plan update on October 12, 2022.
Conditions in the region change each year, which is why CMAP is required to update parts of the long-range, 30-year plan every four years. This process reaffirmed the ON TO 2050 plan vision, updated data projects, reviewed accomplishments, and reassessed transportation needs.
The update addresses:
- How the experience of the last four years reaffirms ON TO 2050’s principles of resilience, inclusive growth, and prioritized investment.
- Important changes in our forecasted population, transportation investments, and funding resources.
- Where we go from here, and how we can put the recommendations and strategies into action.
- The progress made. It reiterates the key goals regarding prosperity, environment, community, governance, and mobility.
- The determination of regionally significant projects. It identifies capital investments in our region’s expressways, transit system, and arterials.
Watch the October Board and MPO Policy Committee meeting to learn more about the ON TO 2050 plan update and its adoption (starting at 19:13).