Main CMAP and ON TO 2050 Involvement page
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is always looking for ways to engage with residents and partners to help communities prosper in our region. We have multiple ways to get involved:
- Subscribe to CMAP's newsletters for the latest in regional planning news.
- Follow CMAP on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Attend a CMAP committee meeting. Implementation of ON TO 2050 involves the work of a number of active committees, whose meetings are open to the public, with agendas available online. View CMAP's meetings website for information about Board and committee meetings.
- Help CMAP promote ON TO 2050 via your newsletter and social media. Use the messages found in the partners toolkit.
- Refer young people to Future Leaders in Planning, a summer program for high school students exploring the field of urban planning.
- View CMAP's annual reports and budget and work plan.
- Review CMAP's ON TO 2050 proposed amendments.
- Plan a visit to CMAP. If you'd like to come to our offices or schedule a CMAP visit to your organization, please email us at email@example.com.
- Request a CMAP presentation or briefing at your meeting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a detailed request at least six weeks before your event and note that our ability to provide a speaker is dependent upon the availability of CMAP subject matter experts. We cannot guarantee that all requests will be filled.
CMAP's public participation plan guides the agency's proactive engagement of the residents and constituencies of northeastern Illinois and establishes core values for how CMAP integrates meaningful public engagement into its planning initiatives. CMAP welcomes your suggestions for its public engagement partners and initiatives and invites you to email CMAP's communications and engagement team at email@example.com or contact us.