FLIP Partner Toolkit
Future Leaders in Planning -- Partner Toolkit
Thank you for helping us share the Future Leaders in Planning (FLIP) 2019 Summer Leadership Development Program application and program with high school students in your area. This page includes text you can use in your school or organization’s newsletter, by e-mail, or on social media to help spread the word by the application deadline of May 20, 2019. You can also share a printed version of the FLIP application or poster with your school, organization, or community.
Newsletter or Facebook blurb
Apply today to be a Future Leader in Planning
Future Leaders in Planning (FLIP) is the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning’s (CMAP) leadership development program for high school students in northeastern Illinois.
At no cost to themselves, teens across the region will learn about urban planning, solve real-world problems, take field trips, and get involved in issues that shape our region with other students from Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will counties. Participants will also meet and interact with selected regional leaders who make key planning decisions in our communities. The week-long summer program is an excellent opportunity for young adults to make their voice heard for the future of the region as CMAP develops its next comprehensive plan, ON TO 2050, which is scheduled for adoption in October.
Local high school students looking for an enriching experience can fill out the 2019 Summer FLIP application and watch a behind-the-scenes video to see how previous students have helped contribute to the future of the Chicago region. Applications must be submitted, postmarked, or emailed by Monday, May 20, 2019. For more information about the 2019 Summer FLIP Program, please visit http://www.cmap.illinois.gov/about/involvement/flip.
- High school students interested in making their community better - @ONTO2050 is now taking applications for #FLIP2019 http://cmap.is/FLIPSummer2019
- Spend a week learning what urban planners do for our region and how you can help. Apply for #FLIP2019 http://cmap.is/FLIPSummer2019
- #FLIP2019 is designed to bring high school students together to address key issues for our region’s future. Apply now. http://cmap.is/FLIPSummer2019
- Help create the kind of Chicago region you want to live and work in when you grow up #FLIP2019 http://cmap.is/FLIPSummer2019
- Today’s high school students will be leading our region in 2050. Apply by May 20 to help @ONTO2050 plan the future #FLIP2019 http://cmap.is/FLIPSummer2019