The Freight Committee's charge is to identify, assess, and respond to goods movement travel issues and opportunities and provide overall guidance for the development and implementation of the goods movement component of the region's comprehensive plan. Examples of key issues include safety, congestion relief, air quality, economic development, and community impacts.
- In 2019, the Freight Committee is scheduled to meet on the following dates:
- Monday, February 11 - Cancelled
- Monday, April 15
- Monday, June 17 - 9 a.m.
- Monday, September 16
- Monday, November 18
- All meetings are scheduled to begin at 10:00 am unless noted.
- All meetings will be open to public participation.
The Freight Committee is comprised of representatives from freight industry organizations, private railroads, trucking companies, consultants, researchers, and planners as well as representatives of local, regional, and state governments seeking to improve goods movement in metropolitan Chicago. The current membership includes the following:
- Joe Alonzo, Chicago Department of Transportation
- Elaine Bottomley, Council of Mayors
- Mike Burton, C&K Trucking
- David Chandler, Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Maria Choca Urban, Cook County
- Colin Duesing, Will County Land Use Department
- Eric Gallien, Illinois Trucking Association (Chair)
- Reggie Greenwood, South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association
- Clayton Harris III, Illinois International Port District
- Dr. J. Lee Hutchins, Jr., Consultant
- Kazuya Kawamura, UIC-University Transportation Center
- Mike Kowalczyk, FHWA
- Aimee Lee, Illinois Tollway
- John Loper, DuPage County Division of Transportation
- Rebecca Mason, Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Floyd Miras, U.S. DOT Maritime Administration
- Libby Ogard, Consultant
- Phil Resendiz, FedEx
- Adam Rod, Chicago Department of Aviation
- DeAnna Smith, IDOT
- Herbert Smith, Class I railroad
- Erik Varela, Class I railroad