The CMAP Economic Development Committee promotes economic & workforce development policies, best practices, and research that foster sustainable growth and regional coordination. Further, the committee will advance the recommendations of ON TO 2050 for economic development through research and recommendations around regional industry clusters, tax policies, workforce development, innovation as well as the broader range of infrastructure, land use, and governance policies that lead to sustainable regional prosperity.
The committee's charge is to:
- Provide feedback to staff and the coordinating committees on CMAP projects, research, and analyses as they relate to regional economic development issues.
- Provide critical review of CMAP draft reports and their underlying research on proposed regional plans, projects, and policies.
- Serve as a discussion forum for regionally important issues in economic development, innovation, and workforce planning and policy.
- Coordinate and prioritize policy positions, programs, and advocacy between CMAP and other organizations.
- Identify relevant economic development best practices in the CMAP region and encourage their adoption by CMAP partners.
- Convene economic development stakeholders to help formulate and implement policies and plans consistent with best practice and the ON TO 2050 Plan.
The 2020 meeting schedule is below. All meetings will be held from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. For more information, see CMAP's calendar.
- Monday, January 27
- Monday, March 23 **CANCELLED
- Monday, June 22
- Monday, October 26