The Human and Community Development Committee supports CMAP in promoting racial equity and economic inclusion throughout the Chicago region. The Committee also works toward a region that advances shared prosperity and equitable and inclusive policies across transportation, economic development, land use, housing, health, governance, the environment, and related fields.
The Committee charge is to:
- Assist in implementing ON TO 2050 and, in particular, the plan's principles of inclusive growth, resilience, and prioritized investment.
- Provide advisory feedback to CMAP staff and the Coordinating Committee on work related to advancing inclusive growth, social equity and upward mobility, and health for all people regardless of socioeconomic background or ability.
- Provide advisory feedback to CMAP in prioritizing policy positions, programs, and approaches, with a particular emphasis on supporting economically disconnected populations.
- Serve as a discussion forum for regionally important issues, supporting exchange of best practices and relevant research, such as applying an equity and inclusive growth lens to policy and investment decisions.
- Identify and support efforts for collaborative leadership and public participation for all people in the Chicago region.
- April 9th at 10am
- June 4th at 10am
- August 6th at 10am
- October 8th at 10am
- December 10 at 10am