On November 14, 2018, the CMAP Board approved changes to CMAP's committee structure to facilitate a swift transition from development and adoption of ON TO 2050 to action, thus assuring implementation of the plan. One result is the establishment of a singular Land Use & Housing Committee that will allow members to consider development of interconnected projects.
The CMAP Land Use & Housing Committee works to:
- Help staff identify and understand key regional trends, needs, and solutions related to housing and land use
- Coordinate and prioritize policy positions, programs, and approaches between CMAP and other regional stakeholders
- Serve as a discussion forum that promotes exchange on best practices and encourages their adoption
- Provide advisory feedback to CMAP staff and the Coordinating Committee on work related to land use and housing
- Assist in implementing ON TO 2050 throughout the region