For transportation implementing agencies, CMAP develops small-area traffic projections based on our most recent regional travel-demand analysis. Currently, CMAP travel models use adopted regional 2040 socioeconomic projections (2050 projections may be provided on a project-by-project basis) and assume implementation of the ON TO 2050 Comprehensive Regional Plan for Northeastern Illinois. Traffic projections consider projects as they appear in the current Transportation Improvement Program and Regional Transportation Plan and are provided for the years 2040 and 2050.
You may submit the request by mail, addressing the letter to:
Jose Rodriguez, PTP, AICP
Senior Planner, Research and Analysis
Attn: Traffic Projections
Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60606
Or you may submit your request through email. Please send the request, including the necessary information listed below, to Jose Rodriguez (email@example.com) and a copy to the project sponsor to ensure that the sponsor is aware of the request. Whether by mail or email, the following information should be included with your written request:
- A notation (cc:) showing that the implementing agency sponsoring the study has received a copy of the request and is aware that it has been made. (e.g. IDOT, Lake County, municipality, etc.) The sponsor will receive CMAP's response, and you will receive a copy.
- Location of the project (including a map or diagram).
- Description of existing conditions and proposed improvements.
- Current Average Daily Traffic (ADT) summary at each location for which a projection is requested.
- If an estimate of forecast truck volume is needed, please provide a current observed count for each class of truck vehicle available.
- Description of recent or proposed development that may affect the demand on the facility
Small-area traffic projections may also be requested by consultants in order to satisfy the permitting requirements of IDOT or other jurisdictions for parcel-based development. Subject to time and resources available, CMAP staff will make every effort to complete these requests in a timely manner. For submittal, follow the same instructions as above. The provision of this data in support of your request does not constitute a CMAP endorsement of the proposed development or any subsequent developments.