For transportation implementing agencies and for requestors working on traffic studies for land parcel developments, CMAP develops small-area traffic projections based on our most recent regional travel demand analysis.
Traffic projections are provided for year 2050. CMAP travel models use adopted regional 2050 socioeconomic projections and assume implementation of the ON TO 2050 Comprehensive Regional Plan for Northeastern Illinois. Traffic projections consider projects as they appear in the current Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Regional Transportation Plan.
Please send the request, including the necessary information listed below, to Jose Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and a copy to the project sponsor to ensure that the sponsor is aware of the request.
The following information should be included with your written request:
- Location of the project (including a map or diagram).
- Description of existing conditions and proposed improvements.
- Current volume data - Average Daily Traffic (ADT), Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT), or single day volume count summary at each location for which a projection is requested. CMAP will return 2050 forecast volume in the same data type as was submitted; after receiving the response from CMAP, requestor may convert 2050 forecast data to differing volume measure as required or desired.
- If an estimate of forecast truck volume is needed, please provide a current observed count for each class of truck vehicle available.
- Description of recent or proposed development that may affect the demand on the facility.
Additional Instructions specific to Transportation Improvement – Specific Requests
Include a notation (cc:) showing that the implementing agency sponsoring the study has received a copy of the request and is aware that it has been made. (e.g., IDOT, Lake County, municipality, etc.). The sponsor will receive CMAP's response, and you will receive a copy.
Additional Instructions for Parcel-based development consultants preparing traffic impact studies (ROW Access Permits, Growth Rate, HUD Noise Analysis)
Follow the same instructions as listed above for the transportation improvement requests. In addition, a basic designation for the type of parcel development should be stated (Commercial, Residential, Industrial/Logistic, Educational/Institutional or Mixed Use specified with the use types) plus any additional information about the development (# of buildings on site, square footage/GFA, # dwelling units, access/egress locations) the requestor and client have agreed to share with CMAP.
The provision of traffic projection data by CMAP in support of your request does not constitute a CMAP endorsement of the proposed parcel development or any subsequent parcel developments.