Thank you for helping us share the ON TO 2050 Alternative Future: Transformed Economy. This page includes text you can use in your organization's newsletter and on social media to share our call for public feedback.
To shape the ON TO 2050 comprehensive regional plan, the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) is conducting extensive public engagement around five possible Alternative Futures: Changed Climate, Walkable Communities, Innovative Transportation, Constrained Resources, and Transformed Economy.
Right now CMAP is asking its partners and all concerned residents to share their thoughts on how the Chicago metropolitan region should plan for a future economy that is shifting from production-related jobs to service jobs with higher skill and educational requirements. Go to http://cmap.is/TransformedEconomy to:
- Take an in-depth Metroquest survey about possible strategies.
- Watch a video and read the CMAP memo about this future.
- Find an interactive kiosk near you to provide feedback on key questions.
- Register for a public forum about the Alternative Futures.
CMAP also invites you to:
- Write to ONTO2050@cmap.illinois.gov to attend or schedule a workshop about the Alternative Futures.
- Spread the word and share your thoughts via Twitter @ONTO2050 or Facebook using the hashtag #2050BigIdeas.
CMAP will focus on one Alternative Future per month through August, so please check www.cmap.illinois.gov throughout the summer!
Partner social media posts
Fill out this survey to help @ONTO2050 plan for a #TransformedEconomy by 2050: https://economy.metroquest.com
.@ONTO2050 is looking for public feedback on a #TransformedEconomy. Learn more at http://cmap.is/TransformedEconomy #2050bigideas
How should the region adapt to a changing job market? @ONTO2050 wants your feedback! http://cmap.is/TransformedEconomy #2050bigideas
.@ONTO2050's new video shows how a #TransformedEconomy will affect the region by 2050 https://youtu.be/k7wSABlrSwo #2050bigideas