CMAQ/TAP-L Program - Management and Resources
As of September 30, 2017
CMAQ Program Summary Report - Line item listing of the currently programmed projects by federal fiscal year and sponsor.
CMAQ Deferred Projects - Project listing of projects that have deferred line items.
CMAQ Deferred Line Items - Listing of the line items associated with deferred projects.
Obligation Report Brochure - Summary information on regional obligations levels for the current federal fiscal year including the annual obligation goal and deferred line items (as of August 17, 2017).
Project Change Requests
Project sponsors desiring to make a project change request should review the below procedure, complete the appropriate form(s) and submit the completed form(s) to their planning liaison or CMAP, as explained in the procedure. Current submittal deadlines for Project Selection Committee (PSC) consideration are shown below and are included in the 2017 Transportation Meetings and Deadlines schedule.
- CMAQ/TAP Change Request Procedures - updated 8/11/16
- CMAQ/TAP Scope Change Request Form (.docx) - updated 8/11/16
- CMAQ/TAP Cost Change Request Form (.docx) - updated 8/11/16
- CMAQ/TAP Schedule Change Request Form (.docx) - updated 8/11/16
- Sample cost increase forms: Increase, Transfer, Multiple fund sources
2017 Meetings and Deadlines:
|CMAQ PSC Meeting||Change Requests Due||IDOT Lettings|
|4/13/17||3/30/17|| 6/16/17 |
Change requests submitted on the due dates above are for projects targeting the listed IDOT state lettings. Non-construction phases, projects being let locally, and projects within FTA grants should review the 2017 Transportation Meetings and Deadlines schedule for the Transportation Committee meetings when TIP change actions are approved. All CMAQ PSC change actions are subject to TIP amendment procedures and do not take effect until they are included in the adopted TIP.
Project Contact Update
If the point of contact for your project has changed, please fill out and submit a Project Contact Form.
Active Program Management Policies
In order to encourage project accomplishment and reduce the unobligated program balance, the MPO Policy Committee and CMAP Board have approved a revised set of policies for the program.
CMAQ Programming and Management Policies (October 2014)
1. Phase 1 engineering will not be eligible for CMAQ funding.
2. A firm deadline of two years past the programmed year will be instituted for the accomplishment of each phase. If the phase is not completed on time, regardless of the reasons, the funding for remaining phases will be removed and that work placed on a deferred project list. The deferred phases may be brought back into the program when the delayed work is complete, if funding is available. An overview of CMAQ Programming and Management Policies related to deferrals is available here.
3. An annual obligation goal will be set and if the region is not meeting it, other "ready" projects may be moved into the program to ensure the region meets its spending goals.
The accomplishment sunset will apply to all currently programmed projects. If you have questions on where your project stands, contact your Planning Liaison.
At its April 5, 2012 meeting, the CMAQ Project Selection Committee adopted a procedure to free up CMAQ funds from projects for which the final phase has been authorized/obligated by FHWA but which are not closed out.
The procedure is that a portion of programmed but unauthorized funds will be removed from the project and made available for cost increases, contingency projects or future funding cycles. The portion to remain with the project is 5% of the authorized amount or $100,000, whichever is larger. If the unauthorized portion is less than $100,000, no funds will be removed.
The portion not removed will stay with the project to ensure funds will be available if change orders occur. If a larger change order occurs than what remains programmed for the project, the Project Selection Committee will be asked to approve a cost increase for the project.
This procedure will not affect projects for which the funds are obligated in an FTA grant or implementation projects with funding in multiple years.
For questions, information and guidance:
Sponsors are encouraged to work with their regional contact or Planning Liaison .