UPDATE: This project was completed in June 2014. View the Oswego Market Analysis.
The Oswego Market Analysis is the accumulation of nine months of research, analysis, and public outreach activities working with the Oswego Commercial Market Study Advisory Committee.
Purpose of the Market Analysis
This report provides both an overview of the current conditions in the Village of Oswego's commercial, downtown, and business park areas; as well as potential business retention and attraction strategies and recommendations. The analysis also "sets the stage" for the Village to begin the update of its Comprehensive Plan.
While the Village's current Comprehensive Plan (2006) has several policy recommendations for each of the subareas analyzed in this Market Analysis, the recommendations were based upon market conditions prior to the 2008 recession. A new market analysis will identify market-supported opportunities that can be part of the Comprehensive Plan's recommendations, especially as it identifies locations for future land uses in the Village.
Key Features and Subareas
The Market Analysis addresses three key features:
- Identifies the current commercial subareas and related development.
- Examines the potential for future commercial development.
- Develops recommendations and strategies that will optimize Oswego to meet current and future demand.
The analysis focuses on the four primary commercial and industrial areas:
- Downtown Oswego
- U.S. Route 34/U.S. Route 71 Corridors
- Orchard Road Corridor
- Business Parks -- Stonehill, Kendall Point, and Highland Business Center